Saturday 19 November 2011

Back to Whisky

Glasgow's Whisky Festival today!
900 people crammed into The Arches underneath the city's Central Station to taste a very wide range of whiskies and buy some books from me, signed of course. Sold half a box (25 copies) and, because I was attempting to make my fortune (ha! ha!), I only had time to taste a couple of whiskies. Ronnie Routledge from Glenglassaugh had the new whisky - 3 years and a couple of days old - the first whisky since Stuart Nickerson & Scaent Group took over. Unfortunately, it was all gone by the time I was able to get to his stand. Tasted a 20 yo (I think) Bunnahabhain from Wemyss Malt, very impressive, honeyed and soft and the Last Ever Vatted Malt from Compass Box.
Met almost all of the recent Advanced Whisky students and quite a few who have/are about to sign up to the Scotch Whisky Trail Certificate course due to start on 17th January.
Next year, I think I'll go along as a punter and enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment